Thursday, July 9, 2009

$485 :O) Don't JUMP INTO A LAKE!! Live where you can see one! (oakland lake merritt / grand) (map)

Yeah, I think I'll go with the lake. -GB

Date: 2009-03-08, 8:37PM PDT

gosh, housing trials and tribulation can make one want to jump into a lake (or worse) WTF!

but it seems that I've found a better solution, namely to move where you one can SEE a lake!


well, since I am a big-time water lover (sailing, SCUBA, hot springs, etc), I certainly appreciate the proximity of water and its beautiful, healing energy.

this place seems especially promising, with a yummy neighborhood (close to the grand ave./lakeshore end of the lake, which BTW is the best part of Lake Merritt).

walking to the Lake Merritt BART took me about 20 minutes; an inspiring walk mostly following the lake's shore. (probably 25 mins in heels). Trader Joe, Lucky's, Walgreens, Longs, etc are all walking distance. Many bus lines are nearby, it's just a few miles from Mills, and it's commutable to Cal and to San Francisco (the 580 freeway just a few blks away.)

laundry, fireplace & inner courtyard are part of the house. parking isn't too nasty.

now, if only I had a truly delightful roommate, it'd be nirvana... ;)

I've been described as an idiosyncratic artist -- "they threw away the mold after they made me". The jury is still out as to whether that was a compliment LOL

I have no pets. Nor outrageous habits (or so I like to think...) Generally clean, though not anal about it. No break-all-dishes fits of anger; relatively calm, actually, except on April 15.

Meaningless factoid #752: I hate raisins.

Useful factoid #4: I can't stand mega-dull people. (Hint, hint...)

Oh, and best of all, toilet use is included in the rent! (did you see the recent news?: one airline is planning to charge passengers to use the toilets! it won't be too long before landlords will follow suit!) actually, 2 bathrooms. nice, eh?

now, will you sweep me away with your email? or at least not put me to sleep LOL

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment